Sunday, July 27, 2008

Beach Bon Fire!--Our Last California Hurrah!

Since Matt and I are moving mid-August we thought it would be great to gather all of our friends together for one last hurrah! We decided to host a beach bonfire at "hole in the fence" for about 50 people (1/2 adults, 1/2 children). Securing a pit was really our major concern and knew a tiny hibachi was definitely not going to cut it for roasting hot dogs and smores for our large party! So, Matt and I headed to the beach early Saturday morning around 9:30am thinking we would be fine because the place we were heading to had 33 pits, but as we drove down the beach and noticed most pits were occupied, the more worried we got! Luckily, we did find ONE open pit! ---crazy! So, we snaked it, and didn't leave our spot for the ENTIRE day!

We had a fun-filled evening surrounded by great company, eating yummy Smores!!

Thank you to all who were able to make it! It was really fun!! We will miss all of our friends here and hope to continue to remain close! Here are some fun pics to mark this memory!! Please enjoy!

ClaireCollin and Dylan
Danali and Mom-Julia
Claire, Grace, Abby, Ian, and Dylan
Ammon and Micah
Gracie
Micah
Cara & Ben
Laura, Mesia and Matt
Wow! Lots of people in this one!
Lucy upside down!
Large crew here!
Becky with her baby, Malia
The Harps crew
Elle's best photography shot! :)
Gabe
Grayson walking!! yeah!

Thomas and Lauren!
Cole
Abby!
Vaughn

Becky is the queen of Smores!
Colin and Jason
Olivia and Elle

Eden, Steve and Dylan
Reese crew, McGreggor Crew and Andrea!
Jason and Ryder
McGreggor Crew!

All the chicks and Matt!

6 comments:

Julia Harps said...

we had fun and have really enjoyed seeing so much of you latley. we will miss you but will come find you when we are out there. good luck with everything!! we love you.

Alicia said...

Wow-- I am out of it. I haven't checked many blogs lately... I am excited you are heading up here! We really need to be buddies. That sounds SO lame but oh well, it's been said; there it is. It's already out there.

Mesia said...

Sounds great Alicia! I can't wait to see you!

Karin said...

Oh, you will miss your cali buddies- but you can have campfires and s'mores up the canyon! (and WE'll join for that party!)

Julie said...

Mesia- I have no idea how I found your blog...but I am so glad that I did!! It has been so long...way TOO long! I think that the last time I saw you was at your reception! Crazy!! I would love to catch-up! email me: ejlundquist@verizon.net
Julie (Primm)

Debbie Hadley said...

I sure miss those beach bon fires. So fun to see all those pictures.