Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sewing Accomplishments!

A few years back Matt bought me a nice sewing machine...well, it didn't get much use until these past few months. Here are some of my sewing accomplishments! I'm so proud of them as I am not a sewer.

This first picture is a BYU Frienship quilt I made through the MBA Spouses Association! I didn't make one last year, but since my committee headed up this activity this year, I thought Id' try and give it a shot! Thanks to those expert sewers I was able to accomplish this huge project! 
 
 
This next project was initiated by my sister-in-law, Karin. She always has fun projects! Anyway, her sister-in-law was making these cute skirts over the Christmas holiday and Karin and I joined in on the fun! This too was a huge accomplishment as I've never made anything like it.
My last sewing project is an Easter dress for Seneca. My cousin Alicia made one for her daughter and it was so cute, I had to try and make one too. It turned out pretty well!!
 
  
I can't decide if I like the ribbon belt....mmmm...not sure!
That's it for projects...time to pack it up!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

So, so cute!
Great work... seriously.
I like it with and without the sash and I love the button... I'm thinking about doing some kind of sash on my next one. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Karin said...

I can't believe you've already done her Easter dress! I still need to go buy fabric:) You are amazing. Great work. I'll miss my sewing buddy. We will have to compare projects over seas:)

Dana Kelvington said...

It's it such an accomplishment to sew your first dresses for Seneca and expecially for Easter. I remember my first experience sewing church dresses for Kelly. Your quilt is so cute! A lot of hours go into those things. Lately, I've been making the quick kind of sewing baby quilts with several different types of fabric and leaving the rough edges to be frayed after the first washing.

I love your blog and your music. It reminds me of the good old days when we lived in Midvale and all of the kids played together. I sure miss seeing your mom!

Anne said...

these are all amazing! i love the dress...with the ribbon belt. it's gorgeous.

Lisa said...

Great job Mesia!! They look great!

Lisa said...

Great job Mesia!! They look great!