Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Our most recent get-away!

We went on another road trip in July. My aunt Linda and her husband have been serving a mission, for our church, in Genova, Italy for the past 18 months. July was the end for them! A few of my cousins came to Italy to tour around a bit before, bringing Linda and her husband back home. We decided to join them on some of their adventures! This is what we did....
1. Turin, Italy. About 4 hours from us is Turin. We decided to stop here and check out this old Olympic town to see what it had to offer.

2. From here we went to Milan, Italy. I remember going here when I was 17 years old with my mom. My grandfather served a mission here.


love this duomo!

3. From here we traveled to Como, Italy to meet with my Aunt Linda, her husband, my cousin Stacie and her husband. This was a wonderful experience as we have family living in Como from my maternal grandfather's side. We didn't know them very well, nor did we speak any Italian, but we were able to enjoy a wonderful evening with them all!





4. Afterward, we headed to Zermatt, Switzerland! Oh, this was also amazingly beautiful! Unfortunately, we were not able to see the Matterhorn. It was too rainy! :(
the people used to build here homes like this to keep the mice from entering.

rain..rain...rain

cemetery for those who had died trying to climb/descend the Matterhorn.

view from our hotel
5. From here we were going to go to Venice, but the trip was getting a bit too long for Seni and I so, we decided to head towards home. On our way, we stopped in Chamonix, France, briefly.
Matt with a large glacier behind him.

Picture of the cute town.
6. From here we went to Grenoble, France.


shout out to daddiooooo!



Bastille Day fireworks!

Seneca was not comfortable with the fireworks and wanted to wear her glasses.

"les bulles" we took this up to the top of the mountain to get a good view of the city.

beautiful!
7. whew! we made it home! c'etait bien!

:)

4 comments:

Karin said...

How cool to meet up with family so close to where you live! Seneca is a trooper with all of these road trips- love the sunglasses to "protect" her from the Fireworks!
Who needs to see the Matterhorn in Italy when you've seen it 100 times in Anaheim;)

Alicia said...

As always... I am amazed.
I was just talking with my Nanniebelle (Donna:)) and she said that if she could go anywhere again, it would be to Zermatt. She loved it there.

Kelly Woolley said...

Mesh, shes getting so big. And pretty! We miss you guys but it is beautiful there!

Julia Harps said...

I love it when you post. You are so lucky to be having such an experience over there. I kinda wish I was you!:)