Thursday, November 13, 2008

Feeling a little domestic!

This past week, I've been VERY domestic! Don't get me wrong, I love to cook but this week my mom, Seni and I hit it hard! On Sunday, we made homemade bread. I was needing some comfort food, so we decided to make my Grandma Rae's homemade white bread recipe. It makes four loaves so, mom will use the leftovers for Thanksgiving stuffing. Oh, I love our homemade Thanksgiving stuffing...and yes, we stuff the bird the night before, stick it in the fridge and cook it the day of and it is just scrumptious! On Monday, I made hummus from scratch! Oh, do I love my hummus! I just love beans, lentils....and anything grainy! That is my favorite...not exactly Matt's :(! (Matt is so glad we are living with his parents so that he doesn't have to eat my whole-grain, tofu, seafood, grainy, hill-billie food! Ha!) On Tuesday my mom and I went to Dominic's (special Italian deli in her neighborhood) to purchase real spicy Italian sausage to make homemade raviolis. We do this every year for Christmas and since I am in town, I figured I'd help out! We made about 70 raviolis! Ugh! It's a lot of work, but SO worth every bite! Anyway, I really enjoyed it and look forward to making more yummy dishes while being a stay-at-home mom! I absolutely love it! Anyway, here are some fun pics of the week!
Love her crazy hair!
Us and the dogs!
Aunt Pega Joon
Uncle Andre

6 comments:

Alison said...

I think it's a mom thing. It turns you a little domestic! Just wait till little Seni can eat the food and then you'll find yourself making all sorts of nice dinners because it just is wonderful to take care of these little ones! When I feel really domestic, I make up a bunch of meals to put in my freezer for the days I feel a lot less so! ;-) The raviolis sound delicious. Do they freeze well?

Karyn said...

I found your blog through Julia's. Cute wife and family. Congratulations on your sweet little girl. I LOVE her hair! And grad school at the same time. You guys are busy. Fun to see pics of your family too. I still remember your dad shooting a rubber band at me during conference. :)We've got a blog too that you can check out at fourlittlesmoochys.blogspot.com

Glad you are doing well.
Karyn

Karin said...

Look at you! Miss domestic herself. I am SO itchin' to play with my baby girl! She isn't walking yet, is she;)

SUMMER said...

Miss you! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!! I LOVE that hair and those BIG blue eyes!!!

Alicia said...

I already can't wait to see her again! Let me know when you're free!

Jenny said...

Hi Mesia! I don't know if you'll remember me but I was so excited to see that you are a mommy now! I can't believe my mom never told me! I found your blog through Chandra's. Your little girl is just a little bit younger than ours. We had Emma on the 8th of August. Seni is soo adorable by the way! Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys!

Jenny (Johnson) Hogsett