Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What?!

So we've been in our new apartment for over a month now and we are STILL trying to get our internet/cable/fixed line set-up. You'd think this would be a simple process...NOT! When we signed up on-lined first time they said they needed to verify the line. We didn't hear anything for a week or two and so Matt's co-worker suggested we call France Telecom to re-open the phone line. (Internet/Phone/Cable is deregulated here). So, I call France Telecom and ask to re-open the line because we want to sign up with Free.fr. Done....55 euros later. We call Free.fr and gratefully get someone who speaks a bit of English letting them know we do have a line and what is the status of our request. She said I should not have done that. That Free.fr was supposed to do that. I asked her when they would have done it...she said about 6-8 weeks. I asked her what the difference was if I opened the line or Free....she could not tell me. Anywho, we canceled our subscription and re signed-up with our re-opened line and we it worked great! Sweet! We are on our way...so, we think! Free said we should receive our box in a week. Well, today we received an email saying we should have received our box and our account is active. We'll we haven't received our box. So, I look on their website to try and track the order...no luck. Where's the number....searching...searching..oh, we found the number...we call for assistance and after three attempts one gal finally told me she's not allowed to speak ENGLISH! WHAT? I tell her, I am paying for you to help me and you can't even speak English? Well gratefully she did and was able to lead me to my next phone call to FREE.fr So, I did the same thing and got a guy who understood me but was unable to reciprocate...again, I said is there anyone there who speaks English? I understand you can't, but please help me. By the time he found someone my phone disconnected! ah! All I wanted to know was, how can I track my order? You say we received it, but we haven't...what do we do now. Maybe a two minute conversation...nope this took almost an hour!~ I'm finished for the night!

No comments: