Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Papie visite avec nous

My dad came to visit us this past week! It was so good to see him. It had been about four months since we'd seen each other.
My dad flew into Nice and then headed to Le Lavandou where my grandmother lives. So, Seneca and I met him in Le Lavandou. We spent the night and then returned to Manosque the next day. On our way to Manosque we made a few stops. The first was St. Tropez.



Our next stop was Brignoles. This is where my dad was born and raised until he moved to Utah at the age of 16.
View of Brignoles.
This is the house he lived in.
This is the room my dad, JJ and mamie slept.
I think aunt danielle slept in this room.
This was the landing between the two rooms (they didn't have in-door restrooms at the time) so they would have their port-au-potty here.
The elder lady in the background is the current owner. It was her parents who rented the place to my grandma.
Dining room
Kitchen
Tree my dad would play in.
Side view of the house.
The yard is very large. They have olive trees....
This is the school my dad went to.
Where he exercised.
This church on the top of the hill is right next door to where he used to live.
Matt, Seneca and I went to Rian. They have a beautiful cathedral here.

7 comments:

Beverly Livingston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beverly Livingston said...

I still think it is so amazing that with your french background you guys were able to go to France of all the places in the world

Anne said...

i didn't know your dad is french...so cool!

Thayne and Krystal Family said...

I'm sooo jealous! I tell my husband all the time about all the cool sites you've seen :) That's awesome your dad grew up there and then moved to Utah! Such a neat experience, I bet!

Karin said...

That's so awesome! How long has it been since your dad has been back there? How nice of that lady to let you tour his old home.

Fowler family said...

How cool to go back to your Dad's old childhood home!

You guys are having such amazing experiences over there and seeing such cool things!

mcoburn said...

Lucky guys! you could go back inside the house we grew up. You brought tears to my eyes... I was nice though to see this again. Merci Mesia! Love, tatie Magali