Sunday, April 3, 2011

this is fashionable?

jeans...i love them but hate trying to find ones that fit right! ugh! since moving here and seeing the chic looking jeans here i realized i needed to find my "right" pair of jeans. i have yet to find THE ONE and ONLY JEAN! i want to find something that is sexy, and fun at the same time. matt just laughs at me when i talk about jeans. he says i have so many pairs of exactly the same color and why do i need more of the same kind. he's right in the sense that they are mostly the dark denim, but they are not the same. i have many different fits for different moods and occasions. you know what i mean...right, girls! :)

twice a year here in france you have sales...huge sales. so, i decided to take this opportunity to look for THE JEAN. i started off big. i went to a little boutique called Tandem in town where they have expensive, chic jeans like 7's, guess, and many others i cannot even mention because i have no clue! so, i asked the saleswoman to please help me with my size since i'm not yet familiar with the european sizes and to help me find something chic and sexy. she hand me a pair of jeans; which i think look WAY too small, but was reassured they were my correct size. so, i headed to the ladies room and start trying on my first pair which i could barely get over my thighs. next...then i finally get another pair on which are so uncomfortable that i feel like my tights and bum have no form at small. flat and smashed! yet the waist was loose. i walk out of the dressing room to check out my smashed body parts to which a male salesman says, YES! those look great! i'm thinking "really?" because i don't feel so hot and sexy. i told him "i think they are too tight" and he proceeds to say no!
not the greatest picture from the internet, but i felt it really expressed how i felt when i tried on the tight pair.

then, i see another gal next to me in a pair of pants which i think look good on her so, i try them on. i come out again and the same guy salesman says:  no...there is too much material on the jean...there needs to be no baggy material. I started to laugh because there was very little extra material and the pair felt very comfortable. probably something like this....
after trying on more i was not convinced on spending over 80 euros on a  pair of tight jeans that made my body parts look and feel funny. i especially didn't like that fact that every time the saleswoman bent over i could see her g-string. what kind of fashion is this?

so, i took a break...then, i went into Esprit a few weeks later. my new favorite shop. they seem to have my style of fashion. i go inside and pick two sizes. one tighter than the other. i felt more comfortable in the larger one, but the sales gal said..."no, the smaller size looks better." i started laughing because of the memory i had created at the last boutique. so, the point is, the tighter the better, and yet less comfortable! ah! well, not really....i did buy the tighter pair and they actually do fit great! now i look and feel hot!
what would also be awesome....is if this body was really mine! ha!

5 comments:

Jessica Jane said...

I hate jean shopping! Kudos to you for going. And I'm jealous you found some you like!

Beverly Livingston said...

Oh I need to do this so badly. But I figure I will now wait till cooler weather again. Love your posts!

Karin said...

Way to go with the sexy tight ones, Mesh:) And seriously- you could post your own posed new jeans picture and look just as hot as the ones you found online (uh, with the exception of the first...!)

Megan said...

you are awesome! i hate jean shopping because it's either flat bum or goofy looking. once i finally found "the pair" i wear them to death until i have to do the whole routine again. jeans and bras - so picky to shop for them!

Heather Lee said...

I loved that story. So they say if in doubt...buy the tighter pair. I sort of agree with it. Once you get out of that 360 mirror...you'll think you look hot. Also, tighter jeans hold you in better...and also they all stretch.
Those frenchie's love their G's don't they? There's the cutest kind of sporty looking french woman that has a daughter in Holland's dance class...I was so surprised when she bent down and a black lacey g-string came halfway out from her pants.