Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Quick Trip to Switzerland

We took a quick visit to Switzerland for Easter weekend and absolutely LOVED it! I had never been there before...wow!, is all I can say! We left Thursday afternoon and got to Bern later that evening. We wanted to get there as quickly as possible because our youth, from our Church, had gone to Bern for the entire week for what we call a "temple trip". We knew they were leaving Friday afternoon so, we did our best to get there in time to at least visit with them. 
Our fist visit was The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Temple, Bern. This Temple is so beautiful! I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with people who spoke German, French and English...in addition to a multitude of other languages.


After the Temple we headed to old-town Bern


The Zytglogge clock tower






After Bern, we headed toward Interlaken. Matt really wanted to see the beautiful mountains. I wanted to see the mountains, meadows and cows!
We decided to take the route towards Interlaken on the North side. I am so glad we did because we ran into Thun and a bunch of other little towns that totally blew Interlaken out of the water...

Seneca so happy she can drive (pretend).







After this we took the Juanpass toward Broc; which is through the mountains and absolutely breath-taking. I felt like I was Maria from The Sound of Music...I wanted to run around in a circle and sing..."The hills are alive..."

We made it to Broc! The Cailler-Nestle Chocolate and Gruyere Cheese Factory. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to do both...so we chose the Cailler/Nestle Choc. Factory Tour. This was THE best factory tour! This is why....
After the tour, we got to sample their lines of chocolate! YUMMY! 

After Broc, we visited Lutry and had dinner then headed to our hotel in Lausanne.


 Then we headed toward Geneve.

We did an Easter egg hunt for Seneca. She loved it!

Us in front of the Jet d'Eau
Our last and final stop was Annecy.
Well, I had more pictures but the server rejected uploading them....does anyone have any idea why?

Anyway, our trip was nice but too short. We want to return and hit Thun, Juanpass, Broc, Geneve, Chateaux Chillon and Annecy.

7 comments:

Suz said...

oh wow I am so jealous!! It is all so beautiful and you were right where my parents are!! :) Looks like a great trip!
P.S.
I can't believe how big seneca is getting! She's so adorable. :)

the harrisons said...

I love all your travels and I LOVE interlaken! I broke my arm snowboarding there! Such a gorgeous area!

Megan said...

gorgeous! can't wait to see it! we missed you!

Carrie & Dustin Nicholes said...

I took a trip to the Nestle factory and Gruyere when I lived in Geneva, it's awesome right?! So happy to see all your pictures so I can travel vicariously through you.

Karin said...

Um, love that you nonchalantly titled this "quick trip to Switzerland". Who just makes a "quick trip to Switzerland"?! You look gorgeous!
Love how supportive you are of your youth, too. They are some lucky kids!!!

Fowler family said...

What a beautiful country! And what fun to test chocolate at the end of the chocolate factory!

Dana Kelvington said...

It's all just too charming. Don't ever stop sight seeing even if the trips are on the short side. At least for my sake!